My client is one of the world’s largest automotive safety supplier with sales to all the leading car manufacturers in the world. The Company develops, manufacture and market airbags, seatbelts, passive safety electronics and active safety systems such as radar, night vision and camera vision systems. The leading market position in automotive safety includes a global market share of approximately 37% in passive safety and more than 20- 25% in active safety.
We are augumenting the HQs close to Munich to a Competence Center for Active Safety Electronics. Therefore we are looking for an extraordinarily experienced Person (m/f) for the newly-created Position
Processor Technical Lead Engineer (m/f)
The Processor Technical Lead Engineer is the global technical expert for all components containing inhouse generated software (Processor Components). This includes components commonly referred to as Microcontrollers, (MCUs), Digital Signal Processors (DSPs), and System-On-Chip (SoC) devices. The primary interfaces are with the internal Project Teams, and Customers. The scope includes all technical aspects related to component development from early supplier roadmap and processor definition, component selection and sourcing, through the component development process after sourcing, to post launch component support.
The Processor Technical Lead Engineer shall have the following responsibilities:
- Work with global Project Teams to understand technical aspects of product processor needs, and translate them into requirements
- Work closely with Processor suppliers to understand (and consolidate) their future product roadmaps, and to influence them based on internal Project needs
- Fulfill the role as internal expert on industry processor semiconductor technology within and outside the automotive segment.
- Work closely with others in the Component Development Teams for Processor components. The internal team includes the following: Component Program Manager, Component Engineer (quality and reliability), Purchasing, Supplier Quality.
- Provide technical expertise to the component selection and sourcing processes for processor components to meet internal business goals. This includes generation of requirements, assessment of supplier responses, and close interaction with suppliers, the Component Team, and Project Teams throughout the entire process
- Fulfill the ‘Technical Lead’ role of the Component Team in the Component Development Process implemented after component sourcing. This includes involvement in regular supplier meetings, technical requirements and issues discussions, approval of technical deliverables from the suppliers, etc.
- Assist the Platform and Application Teams in the technical implementation of Processor components into our products
- Provide technical expertise in evaluating Supplier Requests for Engineering Approvals for Processors
3) Skills (Whislist)
- Knowledgeable on processor semiconductor technology and the key suppliers in the industry
- Processor-specific component expertise
- Memory(Internal and External)
- Functional Safety features
- Communications Protocols
- Experience in Automotive Electronics development
- Constraints in Automotive Electronics design
- Automotive industry standards: IEC, JEDEC, ZVEI, ISO, AK-LV
- Automotive OEM requirements
- Functional Safety
- Interpersonal Skills
- Working globally with suppliers
- Working globally with customers
- Working globally with other groups within (Component Teams, Project Teams, Management)
- Software Development
- C/C++ knowledge
- Previous experience in developing embedded automotive software
- Software testing (integration or unit)
- Software Tools
- Build Tools
In this newly created professional role you will definitly be able to set your individual footprint. You are a dedicated and humorous person? Then join our team.
Internal ID: 2015/013